Just heard that an ex-colleague is going to resign from my ex-company... and this colleague happen to be a very important person in that company....
this colleague has been sitting beside me for a few years... i see the way he work, and his attitude in work i know the fustration he is facing... and I know sooner or later he will be throwing the big bomb to my boss... and maybe that is one of the reason why i left my previous company.. cos i gotta do it before he does... otherwise i cannot imagine the mess that needs to be handled afterwards... i was selfish....
actually i tried to do whatever i can before i decide to leave... i was working with him on my last project at the company.. i tried to understudy him... but things are not that easy... there are things which he will insist in doing his way... which I try not to defy him because that is afterall his baby... I tried to lighten his workload.. but i can't... he tend to carry too many things on his back.. or maybe he just don't have the time to teach us... so i decide to call it quit... and during my resignation, i even warn my boss to look after him more... I actually told my boss, for me to quit its okie... i have somebody to take over my job... i'm not that indispensable... but for the others I can't say.... I hope with my leaving, they can use my salary to employ someone else and give the rest a pay raise.... I don't know if my boss got my hint....
watever it is, i guess they are having a rough time at the ex-company now... for me to suggest anything to ask him to stay would be selfish of me.. but all I can say is to be a bit more responsible... especially for a man... at least ensure that you have someone to take over your job before you leave... which was why i chose that period to leave, although i didn't have another job waiting for me... cos its a lull period for SM and i'm not really into POS yet... so that period is where the damage is the least....
when all is said... its really up to him to decide if he really wants to leave or not... watever it is... i just hope all is well for everyone...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
you wrote "...at least ensure that you have someone to take over your job before you leave..." ... i don't think it's always that straight forward...i have always been thinking of leaving, but each time, i looked around and felt nobody knows as much as i do, and as much as I wish to transfer my knowledge, there's no one to be the understudy...because the company may feel no need to get someone...
at this point in my life, career life, i've got to be selfish and start my own plans...i am not exactly that indispensible, they may have a tough time to cope without me, but eventually they will survive...they should be able to get capable person, and for whatever problems, they could just shift the blame to me...
I do agree that it might not be so straight forward... but for his case i sort of think that there is somewhere he could at least knowledge transfer some things to someone... there may not exists one person that may learn everything from you, but the knowledge can be transferred to multiple person? and for his case I tot he shld know the kind of impact it will make and hence at least do partial knowledge transfer or wat... cos the company is too small.. if it is a bigger co, maybe things would have been easier...
well, there are ppl who think only for themselves ...
小公司永遠都是被歧視.
我為人人...但有誰為我?
28degree
如果你知道有人為你,你還會為人人嗎?
Post a Comment