Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I need higher EQ

I lost my temper at my Dad yesterday... and worst infront of the relatives....

Was at a cousin's wedding yesterday night. Initially I didn't want to attend the wedding.. cos I'm very stress at work and I wanted more time to do OT... but mum insists I go.. so I went... the dinner didn't start until 9pm... imagine my hunger and the tot that the dinner will end real late...

and so I was sitted at the table with my dad, my bro, my uncle and another uncle and his family. mum got pulled to sit with my auntie... so the whole night my dad and tat uncle is making a lot of din at the table... imagine i have to sit through 2.5 hours of noise and with all the stress i'm having... i was suffering from a headache after the dinner..

and worst my uncle got drunk... and dad got a bit high (maybe that explain why they were so noisy)... then this uncle starts to complain about the old grandfather story... well its all the money and inheritance issue.. and old bad blood between the uncles... so my dad help him out to let him smoke and stop him from drinking...

initially i wanted to take my bro bike home... but my father insist i take a cab back with them... so after the dinner i went out to look for my dad and tell him to leave.. but he can't leave my drunk uncle there sprouting nonsense... so he ask me to wait... so i waited for a good 15 minutes.. but i was really tired already... and with all the rubbish going on i'm even more fustrated.. so after the 15 minutes i walk up to my dad and mouth to him that i'm going off on my own already... i have enough of the nonsense... of course my dad ask me to wait.. then i told him in quite a harsh tone that i'm very tired and i have to work tomorrow and i don't want to wait any more... then dad ask me to ask bro to send me home.. i told him its impossible.. my bro is already halfway home... he wouldn't make a u-turn all the way back for me... and its him who insisted i take the cab back.... seeing i'm getting really impatient my dad finally get some action going... and we left he place at about 11:20pm....

seriously i'm not angry with my dad.. cos i understand why he can't leave my uncle alone there.. but i tot he could do more to hurry him home... as for my uncle... i don't have much liking for him in the first place... a bit too petty for a man.. especially a man of his age.... but then he is still my uncle so i still have to give him some respect... generally i'm just piss off with the situation... i hope i can handle such situation better the next time... I need higher EQ....

No comments: