Monday, July 11, 2005

Help Needed!!!

I need help!! Anybody noe how to solve the following problem? I just installed a new Ethernet ADSL modem. I plugged the modem into the Acer hub (which is slightly different from the d-link hub which i work with... as it has a special port for broadband... i plugged into the normal port the modem ethernet does not light up). I manage to connect to the internet. BUT the problem is I have 5 PCs. Out of which 2 don't have problem. 3 will on off be unable to access to the internet. It can't even ping the modem itself, which is really weird.. but it can ping the rest of the PCs...

at first i tot its the firewall (cos difference between the 3 pc and the other 2 is the firewall).. so i tried not starting the firewall when starting up windows.. but it still faces the same problem... now i have uninstall the firewall (and have to sit and wait to see if the problem will occur again)... but apart from that, anybody has any idea wat else can i do???

i'm very fustrated by the problem.. cos i got F by my customer early morning for this... can't they understand tat its not tat i don't want to solve the problem but rather at this point in time i still dunno how to solve it!! they think i love hearing their voice is it? they really think i'm wonder woman, watever problem i noe how to resolve?! if i'm really so good then i won't be working here liao... this is crazy!!!!!!

No comments: